Current Volunteering Positions
Rural Tree Planting Supervisor – Volunteer
Location: Various locations within 1-2 hours’ drive from Melbourne
One of TreeProject’s main activities is tree planting. We started as a tree-planting group 33 years ago, and now our tree planting days have spread across Victoria, involving hundreds of volunteers each year. Rural plantings are on private farms, assisting landholders to revegetate their land.
Every planting day needs two supervisors to ensure that the plantings are carried out smoothly, giving the seedlings the highest chance of survival. TreeProject is looking for several key volunteers who can take on this role.
Rural planting supervisor tasks include:
- Attend rural tree planting days during winter and spring
- Assist the landholder in setting out the revegetation site
- Ensure approx 20 volunteers are conducting themselves safely throughout the day
- Induct volunteers on planting techniques and the plan of the planting day. This is to ensure seedlings are being planted correctly (roughly or incorrectly planted seedlings can have a reduced survival rate)
- Liaise with the landholder
- Keep the groups moving on their assigned tasks throughout the day
- Picking up and packing up tools.
Planting sites are within 1-2 hours’ drive from Melbourne, starting at 9 am and finishing by 4 pm. Plantings are on weekends as well as weekdays.
Weekday plantings have a mix of corporate volunteers and members of the community.
Weekend plantings are generally members of the community.
TreeProject is looking for several people who have experience in tree planting, or are willing to learn, and can work independently.
Potential supervisors would attend a TreeProject induction/training session and one or two planting days with an experienced TreeProject supervisor, after which they would attend planting days independently.
Susi Millton via email [email protected] or directly on 0407564317
We are looking for supervisors to start training for May plantings so get in quick!
Seed Administration Volunteer
- Maintain seed inventory
- Organise seed packing into envelopes
- Seed envelope labelling
- Update seed inventory with stock
- Place orders with seed banks
- Assist Treasurer when clarification is required regarding orders
TreeProject is seeking a volunteer to join our Communications team. The ideal candidate will be creating newsletters, managing emails, designing the Annual Report and creating graphics for social media tiles, reels, and other communications materials. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about environmental conservation and wants to contribute to a worthy cause.
- Create engaging and informative newsletters using Mailerlite.
- Preparing email campaigns in Mailerlite.
- Design graphics for social media platforms using Canva.
- Design Annual Report
- Create branded visually appealing and informative social media tiles and reels.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to brainstorm ideas for campaigns and events.
- Use the project management tool Asana to track progress and manage tasks
- Assist in uploading blogs to the TreeProject website.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Mailerlite and Canva.
- Familiarity with Later for social media scheduling and Asana, or similar project management tools.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for environmental conservation and a commitment to TreeProject’s mission.
- Time commitment:
The volunteer role requires minimum of 3 hours per week, with flexibility to accommodate busier times and ideally would need to commit to a minimum of six months of volunteering.
- Gain experience in communications and marketing.
- Build a portfolio of creative work.
- Work alongside a passionate team of volunteers dedicated to environmental conservation.
- Contribute to a worthy cause and make a difference in your community.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for volunteering with the TreeProject Communications team to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!